Friday, November 8, 2013

So hum, meaning - I am that

I strongly believe that every person put on this Earth is special. Saying that, I never really bothered to know the REAL me until 2011. Yes, I am a narcissist, no doubt - meaning, I love myself unconditionally.

On a pleasant morning in 2011, I was rapidly scanning through the headlines in the newspaper, the feature article that caught my attention was something about "The 13th Sun sign". I, for sure, did not know the names of the all the Sun signs but I definitely knew the count - 12. I was like "WTHeck?!" Inquisitive, I read through the article only to know that the new addition is named, Ophiuchus, the serpent holder. Secretly wishing, I am still a Capricorn, I read further. Luckily, I am not an Ophiuchus but sadly, a Sagittarius. "Duh! I can never be a Sagittarius. I cannot even spell it right in the first attempt!!"

I had this huge decision to be made - stick to Capricorn or move on to Sagittarius. Though I had never paid much of an attention to the signs all these years, I just didn't wanna be in the dilemma of what I am. In college, the more I googled about the two, the more I realised it is an introspection. Fortunately, it was January, that meant Annual Book Fair was in town. The first book I picked was "Whats Your Sun sign?" I wouldn't say it helped me in the decision making process but I did stumble upon some self revelations.

I could be a Sagittarius coz I am, what is said to be, an incurable optimist, though I can be a painful pessimist at times. I am too cautious to be a Sagittarius, but I do have an adventurous nerve! I, probably, will be the best of Sagittarius with, what people call, my careless attitude that claims criticism from all possible sources. I am restless, which might be a trait of a Sagittarius, but I am definitely a Capricorn coz I have the patience to complete a Tanjore painting, which apparently involves a lot of intricate work. I could be a tactless Sagittarius still I adhere to a specific self-made discipline.

 Sagittarius did weigh more initially, but I chose to stick to Capricorn and here's why: I am practical, I am reserved, I am ambitious, I am moody, I am prudent, I am creative, I am detached, I am responsible, I am friendly, I am obstinate, I am  lazy, I am stubborn and hell, yea, I am a narcissist!!

I am that and a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment