Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Madras, it is !!

Everybody has an appetite for home town, how true is that??!

I was beginning to enjoy the perks of independent life, I was just starting to savour every moment of the weekends, I was just then beginning to get nicer company to make leisure time for and lo! I also had to move back to pavilion, once and for all.

The early morning my train reached its destination - Chennai, I walked out half sleepy with just my backpack, for I had left everything behind owing to the hasty move.

It took me almost a week's time to actually accept the fact that I am a part of the inter-dependant-family-circle again. It for sure, was weird! Being independent has become yet another far-fetched-may-never-happen kinda dream.

But again, I am in Chennai, namma Madras ( yaaaaayyy!!! ) who cares about independence and all?

I do not have to 
  • plan ahead about the day's dinner
  • look forth into grocery shopping
  • wash/ dry/ iron clothes on a regular basis
  • think about cleaning the house the very next morning
  • remember all the expenses for the monthly calculation
  • save all the bills for later purpose
  • put up with okay-okay food even at restaurants
  • worry about safe locking the house while leaving for work or worry the entire day about it
  • ponder mid-day if I had turned the gas off in the kitchen

I will or can never be held responsible for anything, ever !

Instead, I can
  • visit friends just anytime
  • plan birthdays and anniversaries with no worry about ticket availability
  • "Marina"
  • ride around the town happily on nice roads
  • get lost and found again
  • have nice food at restaurants
  • get some sister time
  • fight with mom
  • work, happily

 Though my heart does jump at the opportunity of "Independence" back in Bangalore, the perks of being back in a place, you can proudly call a home is just abundant to let go.

PS: Sincere thanks to those people, back in Bangalore, who made me all these good memories in the last couple of months. I would love to come back to you guys, anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment